How To Get Help
People to People provides assistance to thousands of Rockland households that need help in meeting basic needs. Anyone who walks into People to People in search of immediate food assistance will receive an emergency food package with three days of non-perishable food items.
Those in need of additional assistance and who could benefit from all of the People to People programs – Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, Back to School with Dignity, Project Joy and Joy Store – are encouraged to register for services.
In order to register for People to People programs, the following must be provided:
• Photo identification
• Proof of Rockland County residency such as a current utility bill or rental lease
• Proof of income such as a pay stub or income tax return for each adult in the household
• Birth certificate or custody documents for each child in the household
• Proof of social services assistance such as documents from DSS, SSI, SSD or other federal, state or county agencies and programs
Food Pantry Hours
The People to People Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with extended hours on Thursday until 7 p.m. by appointment.
• To make an appointment to register for People to People programs, please call 845-623-4900, ext. 209
• To make or change a food pick-up appointment, please call 845-623-4900, ext. 209.